Physician Contract Review
At Finity Group, we know all too well how hard you have worked to get to where you are today, and we are here to assist you as you make that next big step in your professional career. Whether you are finally making the transition into practice after years of extensive training, or looking to further your career with a new employer, our physician contract review team will help you understand the otherwise convoluted language contained in your contractual agreement(s) and lend you our experience and expertise to ensure that you can make a well-informed decision moving forward.
Through our physician contract review services, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide you with a thorough review of your employment agreement(s) and any benefits that you may receive from your future employer. While we are not legal professionals by trade and thus cannot provide you with a formal legal opinion, our contract review specialists have spent the better part of their careers developing a well-rounded understanding of healthcare employment agreements and can assist you in determining the fairness, quality, and competitiveness of any offer that you may be considering.
As a Physician, Do I Need a Formal Review of My Employment Contract?
In our professional opinion, you should always have someone familiar with healthcare employment agreements review any formal documents that you have been presented with prior to signing these physician employment contracts. There is a plethora of nuances that arise when reading through the contract language, to those who are unfamiliar with, can be easily overlooked and might be imperative to your overall career expectations. Our contract review specialist take the time to understand who you are as an individual and/or household to ensure that you enter into an employment agreement that will help you achieve your long-term financial goals, and that will also allow you to work in a setting most fitting to your career expectations as well.
Major Areas of Consideration in Physician Contract Review
- Compensation – We compare your salary offer to specialty-specific data on a national and regional basis to discern whether your prospective compensation is in line with that of your peers.
- Benefits Package – The world of employer-provided benefits can be complex and convoluted. Our specialists examine each benefit and explain its purpose and provide insight on how it compares to the benefits we typically see offered around the country.
- Non-Compete Clause – In the event you move on from your employer, you may not be able to practice in the immediate area for a period of time. Implications of a restrictive non-compete can be wide-ranging, from necessitating a change in primary residence to ending valuable relationships with local professionals.
- Duties & Obligations – It is important to understand how you should be compensated for responsibilities outside of normal patient care, such as call shifts, directorships, and other administrative roles.
- Relation to Financial Plan – Your employer and position will directly influence several factors of your overall financial plan, including retirement plan formation and student loan forgiveness eligibility. Our review will highlight how your employment impacts other areas of your finances.
Physician Contract Review Cost
We provide two options for our physician contract review service:
- Email Review – We perform a thorough review of your employment contract/offer and benefits, then summarize our thoughts in a detailed email, along with some follow up questions that you may want to present to your future employer.
- $1,000 for first employment contract reviewed. Discounts available for multiple contracts.
- Formal Review Meeting – This option consists of a one-hour phone meeting, where we can discuss your contract together and answer any additional questions that you may have about your employment contract in greater detail. You will also receive an email copy of your formal physician contract review.
- $1,500 for first employment contract review & meeting. Discounts available for multiple contracts.
If you are physician interested in having your employment contract reviewed, or if you have any additional questions regarding this service, please feel free to reach out to Braden Balocan via the information below:
Ready to get started?
We welcome the opportunity to be a resource, listen to you, and provide objective financial advice catered to your unique situation.