Do you need a Financial Advisor?
In this episode, Rachelle and Corey discuss the value a Financial Advisor can provide to different types of people. Not everyone is the same, so the answer to this question is not always the same!
Folks that we think could potentially get a LOT of value from working with an advisor include:
- People that feel very uncomfortable dealing with money. This is a lot of people and can be for any number of reasons.
- People who haven’t been taught the basics of managing their finances. This includes folks that aren’t sure how to protect themselves from risk, how much to save, how much they can afford to spend on a home, and much more.
- People who ignore all things related to money. You can’t ignore it forever!
- People who want to delegate some of the financial aspects of their lives. Some folks don’t want to spend the time and mental effort managing all of this on their own.
For the Do-It-Yourselfer:
- There are some folks that really enjoy learning about financial topics and prefer to tackle this on their own.
- If you can understand your own biases, save a lot, and do things very consistently, this can be the way to go!
- For these folks, sometimes it can make sense to use a fee-based or fee-only advisor to review and spot check things occasionally. Totally up to you!
For more financial planning tips from Corey and Rachelle, find them on social media!
LinkedIn: @CoreyJanoff and @RachelleVanderzanden; Instagram: @CoreyJanoff and @VanderzandenRachelle; and Twitter: @CoreyJanoffCFP and @RachelleFinance
Discussions in this show should not be construed as specific recommendations or investment advice. Always consult with your investment professional before making important investment decisions. Securities offered through Registered Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a broker-dealer, member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Finity Group, LLC and Cambridge are not affiliated. Cambridge does not offer tax or legal advice.
This episode contains a client story that is based upon an individual client experience and may not be representative of the experience of other customers and should not be considered a guarantee or indication of future performance of success.