Three Realistic Financial Goals for Every Career Stage
In this episode, Rachelle and Corey discuss some basic goals you can tackle at each stage of your career. These goals build on each other over time. This is not designed to be a comprehensive list, but can be a great quick-start guide!
- Living frugally and focusing on minimizing debt as a student.
- Starting some basic retirement savings and protecting your income as a trainee.
- Maxing out tax-advantaged retirement plans and building a good savings buffer as a new attending.
- Clarifying your longer-term goals as you are settled into practice.
- Refining your exit strategy as you get ready for retirement.
- AND spending your hard-earned savings sustainably as a retiree.
Listen to the full episode for more tips on how to approach debt repayment and savings over time.
For more financial planning tips from Corey and Rachelle, find them on social media!
LinkedIn: @CoreyJanoff and @RachelleVanderzanden; Instagram: @CoreyJanoff and @VanderzandenRachelle; and Twitter: @CoreyJanoffCFP and @RachelleFinance
Discussions in this show should not be construed as specific recommendations or investment advice. Always consult with your investment professional before making important investment decisions. Securities offered through Registered Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a broker-dealer, member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Finity Group, LLC and Cambridge are not affiliated. Cambridge does not offer tax or legal advice.